So You Have a Frozen Water Line, What Next?
The winter months brings colder weather, which brings the potential for your lines to freeze. If your water lines ever freeze, don't fret, follow these tips and water will be flowing through your house in no time.
- Identify where your unit is located.
- Check whether you unit is insulated.
- Cover the entire valve head (including the bypass valve) of your water softener with heavy blankets or towels
- Open all water spigots throughout your home, allowing water too push the ice in your house.
- Place a small heater or point a hair dryer at the water lines behind the water softener. (Make sure the heat is not applied in one spot for longer than 15 mins)
- Check to see if water is dripping from the spigots throughout your home, this means that the ice in the line is melting.
- Allow water to drip through the spigots, until the ice is completely melt and you have full water pressure.
- Now that you have water in your house, remember to let your spigots trickle overnight if the temperature stays below freezing.